Sunday 1 November 2009

Blogging not beading...

OK, so I've been very remiss about getting around to updating. Too busy beading, not enough blogging....


Paris; Ah Paris. I found 1 bead shop, 4 beads (cost me 15 Euro!!! It was my birthday though so I only felt a teeny bit guilty...) and too many hookers to mention. It appears that the bead shops are expertly hidden down one of Paris' many red light rues - so expertly in fact that they were impossible to find. Maybe they were all obscured behind the 'Zapping' parlours and 'Salons de Climax' (ew Gads - well frequented at 1pm). The Parisians certainly don't seem to mind mingling with the underbelly of society but as a wee Scots lassie I'm afraid it's a bit intimidating to me. Don't get me wrong, it's the oldest profession in the world and goes on everywhere but that was just a bit too public for my liking. Ladies of the night at lunchtime? Mais non! Pas pour moi....


The ubiquitous magasins du sex aside, I really enjoyed it. The buildings and history are amazing, I didn't have a single bad glass of red wine and the Parisians were not quite as rude as anticipated - apart from one taxi driver who referred to us as 'branleurs' whilst having an animated conversation into his bluetooth headset... Everything was prohibitively expensive what with the Euro being so much stronger than the pound at the moment but I did manage to snag a rather fab Burberry blazer in a vintage shop. Vintage shopping in Paris FYI is a rather odorous experience and not for the faint of heart or hungover of constitutions...


And a quick note about the beading... The grand bijou is getting there. Slowly. I've taken a couple of pics but it's been raining all day here so the light is terrible and the colours are all wrong. If we get any sun I'll update things! I think it needs some more yellow so I'm off to look for something with a bit of sparkle. I'm thinking margaritas in Jonquil - the big question is can I stop at just that.....?

No comments:

Post a Comment