Wednesday 30 September 2009

Stasis

OK, so I went for the big time - a big bead embroidered collar. I started on the computer to get my template (I'm so anal about symmetry it's sad), traced it onto some Lacy's and got the rivolis looking as good as they're going to get. I'm now left with this huge expanse of white and lots of purple seed beads. Do I dye it? Colour it in? I'm so afraid I'll spoil it now but I'm not sure of the best plan of attack.

I've been having a look at some of Sherry Serafini's work (http://www.serafinibeadedjewelry.com/) - I really love her use of texture and colour. I think one of my main problems is lack of variety in my bead collection. Despite the vast number of shoe boxes I have managed to fill! Maybe my resolution was a tad premature and I'll have to buy more beads. Quel nightmare!

An even bigger nightmare (can you sense the sarcasm) is that in a fit of Friday night boredom we decided to go to Paris for a weekend. It's my birthday on the 10th of October so, international jet setters that we are (I wish!), we've booked four nights of la Vie en Rose. Sad to say, I've already figured out where the bead shops are - they have a BEAD DISTRICT!!! Sacre bleu! Unfortunately, it is the same locale as the red light district apparently so we'd best make sure to have a good look in the window before venturing into any shops!! Keep an eye out for the low-down on Perles a Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment